Membership is not a right, but rather is a privilege conditioned on compliance at all times with the applicable version of the Potomac Soccer Association’s (“the Club”) Code of Conduct, Concussion Policy, and Financial Policy, as amended from time to time.
1. Players and Parents promise and agree to comply fully with the Club’s Code of Conduct. The Code of Conduct expressly prohibits the possession and/or use of alcohol, tobacco, and controlled substance, (unless prescribed specifically for Player by a licensed physician). Players and parents promise to refrain from cursing, verbal, and physical abuse of any kind. Upon any violation of the Code of Conduct, all club fees must be paid in full. The Code of Conduct does not allow a Player to be a guest player for any other club without the prior written consent of the Club’s head coach.
2. Players and Parents agree to comply fully with any and all Code(s) of Conduct required by the league in which the player participates and any and all governing associations.
MSYSA Code of Conduct
NCSL Parent Code of Conduct NCSL Players Code of Conduct NCSL Leaders Code of Conduct
Club Champions League Rules
US Youth Etiquette for Sidelines
3. Players and Parents agree that they will disclose in writing to the head coach, any other club team that player participates with outside of Potomac Soccer Association as a “double-carded player.”
Membership is not a right, but rather is a privilege conditioned on compliance at all times with the applicable version of The Potomac Soccer Association’s (“the Club”) Code of Conduct, Concussion Policy, and “Club FAQs”, as amended from time to time.
4. Destruction of property or violation of State, Federal, International, Country-specific, or other law is cause for dismissal.
5. Players and Parents waive all claims against and release the Club and its related persons from all liability for personal injury or property damage arising from participation in games and practices, travel, meals, and overnight accommodations.
6. Players and Parents acknowledge the Club’s Concussion Policy, which prohibits any player who has suffered any apparent brain trauma from returning to play in that game or any subsequent game without a doctor’s release and return to play plan and requires all parents to complete the online training course “Heads Up” through the Center for Disease Control and Prevention.
7. Players and Parents also acknowledge that the club and related persons (specifically including its board members, officers, employees, coaches, managers, parent drivers, and chaperons) are not responsible for loss or theft of personal property.
8. Players and Parents agree to comply with the Club’s Financial Policy, which requires the Player and Parents to pay all Club fees (registration, uniforms, etc.) and all Team fees (tournaments, travel, etc.) when and as those fees become due and payable. Fees are due on the 1st of the month and late by the 15th of the month. A $5 late fee will be assessed if payment is received after the 15th of the month. Arrangements may be made to pay Club fees in installments satisfactory to the Club, but the Club’s Financial Policy requires that all team fees be paid on the date specified by the Club. Player and Parent agree that Club may suspend Player’s playing privileges during any period when Player and Parents are not in compliance with the Club’s Financial Policy and may terminate Player’s membership in the Club if the Player is out of compliance with the Club’s Financial Policy for more than 30 days. No refunds are available upon termination.
9. Players and Parents consent to the Club’s use of Player’s name, age group, school, photograph or likeness, and award information to promote the Club, Player’s Team, and Player.
10. Players and Parents consent to Potomac Soccer Association’s Refund and Release Policy: To play for a Potomac Soccer Association team is a full 10-month (or 9- month for High School teams sitting out of League Play in the Fall) commitment to your coach, your teammates and the club for which you accept a roster spot. Players may ask to be released from their team according to the particular guidelines, rules, and regulations of their team’s league and in accordance with Maryland State Soccer Youth Association. ALL FEES FOR THE SEASONAL YEAR MUST BE PAID IN FULL TO BE CONSIDERED IN GOOD STANDING UPON RELEASE. PLAYERS THAT DO NOT FULFILL THEIR FINANCIAL OBLIGATIONS WILL BE REPORTED TO THE STATE ASSOCIATION AS IN BAD STANDING. This refund policy applies to players who voluntarily request a release from a team prior to the completion of the year (August 1 to July 31). As Potomac Soccer Association is a 501(C)3 non-profit youth program, and operate on a cash-in, cash-out basis, as such, we do not grant refunds. However, refunds would be considered under the following extenuating circumstances (No refunds will be considered after April 1st):1. Season-ending injury 2. Family relocation due to job or military assignment. Releases should be submitted to the coach and team manager according to the State Association’s rules. Release from a Potomac Soccer Association team does not constitute an agreement to refund any monies.
This Club’s Code of Conduct, Standards, and Policies are published on the Club’s website and may be read and printed. Is it your responsibility to read and familiarize yourself with these policies.