Boys and Girls U9-U14
Clinics will be held on Fridays throughout the 2022-2023 season.
Fall: September 9-October 28 (Eight Sessions, Make-Up Date November 4)
Winter: December 2nd-February 17 (Ten Sessions; There will be no camp on December 23 or December 30; Make-Up Date: February 24)
Spring: March 24-May 19 (Eight Sessions; There will be no camp on April 27 and May 26; Make-Up Date: June 2)
Boys and Girls U9-U11: 5-5:55 PM
Boys and Girls U12-U14: 6-6:55 PM
Potomac Elementary School (1311 River Road Potomac, MD, 20854). All sessions will be held indoors.
Fall and Spring: $200/eight sessions
Winter: $250/ten sessions
Futsal’s main purpose is to help players in their development and enhance skill sets using its training methods as tools.
This season, PSA will be adding futsal training methods which has proven to help players speed up their skill set development, ball mastery, decision making, quickness in tight spaces, and have helped increase the power of their shot.
Through our Futsal clinics, players will have the chance to work on their ball mastery skills while also having lots of fun. Players will be engaged in a variety of futsal skills drills and activities targeted to boost their comfortability with the ball, speed up their improvement and maximize their skills training in order to get sharpened for their travel season.
The Benefits of Futsal
Futsal as a game naturally brings players into regular one-on-one situations with their opponent, encouraging players into quick decision-making as to how they can overcome these scenarios; this could be through beating the opponent with a skill, or through clever passing to a team-mate.
The speed of decision-making is increased when playing Futsal and this helps train youth soccer players to think better when on the field.
Benefits of the game of Futsal include:
- Improves players decision making skills
- Provides players with more touches on the ball
- The heavier ball increases the power of players
- Develops the confidence in players to go 1v1 against their opponent
- Allows players to be creative in getting around their opposition
- Improves reaction time
Benefits of free/unstructured play for children:
- Builds creativity and ability to come up with unique ideas.
- Develops motor planning skills, helping the child to create and carry out ideas, motor actions, and activities.
- Fosters decision-making skills. Unstructured play provides many opportunities to make choices while playing alone or while playing in a group.
- Fosters independence. Helps children learn to think independently and teaches them how to entertain themselves.
- Develops social skills and collaborative play skills. Free play allows children to develop conflict resolution skills and learn to take turns. It also helps children develop their skills as leaders and as followers.
- Provides opportunities for children to discover their own skills and own their own development.